Cervical Mucus Methods (CMM) - Includes the careful observation and charting of the absense or presence of a woman's cervical mucuson a day to day basis.
- Creighton Model (CrM)
- Billings Ovulation Method (BOMA)
- Family of America's Foundation Ovulation Method (FAF)
Sympto-Thermal Methods (STM) - Includes the careful observation and charting of several fertility signs on a daily basis including cervical mucus, basal body temperature, and as an option, the cervix sign.
- Couple to Couple League (CCL)
- Northwest Family Services (NWFS)
- Natural Family Planning International (NFPI)
Sympto-Hormonal Methods (SHM) - Includes the careful observation and charting of the absense and presence of cervical mucus while using an electronic fertility monitor to measure reproductive hormones on a daily basis.